POLPO


Polpo is a restaurant that serves Venetian small plates, wine & spritz. Its humble Italian tapas at its very best and luckily for us they are very gluten free friendly.

I can personally recommend the Arancini (fried rice balls) and the Cod Croquettes. They were absolutely delicious and every bit as good as I remember them. I would also try the Griddled Herb Polenta as that was beautiful.

Polpo also earn major brownie points as they will also make Misto Fritto (fried fish plate) gluten free on request! However I have to say I don't think it works as well as the Arancini/Cod Croquettes due to the consistency of the breadcrumbs/batter.

Other options include: vegetable & salad plates, baked mackerel fillets with sweet onions and a flourless lemon & almond cake.

I would definitely return to Polpo however (for me) I wouldn’t have dinner there again.
Instead this is the type of place I’d like to meet a friend, sit at the bar and order 1 or 2 plates to share whilst enjoying their delicious cocktails. It’s got a great atmosphere but personally it was almost too loud and too rushed to enjoy a proper meal.

GF knowledge: Excellent
Atmosphere: Buzzing
Locations: This is a small chain with restaurants in Soho, Covent Garden, Notting Hill, Farringdon  & Chelsea.
Price: £££. Drinks are very pricey here.
Misto Fritto
Arancini & Cod Croquettes
Griddled Herb Polenta

Share:
© REFRAIN FROM THE GRAIN | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig